Screenshot of Alertify
Alertify is a nicer alternative to the (rather annoying) standard alert window
- Non-blocking - It doesn't lock up Safari like regular alert windows.
- Sleeker design - It can't be uglier at least :)
- Number of alerts waiting - The number of alerts waiting to be shown, is written in the lower left corner of the alert window.
- Clear all button - Closes all waiting alert windows immediately.
- Flood control - If you get a stack of more than 5 alerts, Alertify will grant you an option to completely remove all further alerts (until you reload the page).
- (Some) Fallback on error - In case that an error would occur, Alertify will fall back to regular alert windows.
- Fixed: Rapidly attempting to close the alert box will no longer restart the fade out animation.
- New: The "Close All" function can now be accessed by pressing cmd+enter.
- New: Alerts can now be closed by pressing enter.
- Fixed: Alerts loaded directly in the HTML DOM fired before Alertify had loaded.
- Fixed: Rapidly clicking on the Alertify window would restart the fade out effect (still does, but now the counter at least decreases).
- Fixed: Alerts with words longer than the 400px would cause the text to overflow out of the alert window.
- Changed: The fade effect has been slightly changed.
- New: Alerts with very long words will now show a horizontal scroll bar when moving the mouse cursor over the text.
- Alertify kinda doesn't like frames at the moment. It works, but each frame spawns additional instances of Alertify with individual alert buffers (meaning there can potentially be multiple alert windows shown at the same time).
- It may very well be possible to break the visual look of the alert window if the site has implemented some strange and strict CSS.
(Hopefully) Upcoming features:
- The HTML for the alert window should be generated dynamically when it's needed instead of at page load.
- Smarter error control.
- Customisable look.
- Alertify for prompt and confirmation boxes.
Enjoy, and please email any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via Twitter @Perkelton
> Download Alertify Safari Extension